I really wanted to blog way more than once a month. I am making vow to make more entries this month and into the new year. So much has happen in the past month. Here are some updates from November:
Franke is now walking!!! He took his first few steps after his 1st birthday party on November 7th. Since then he just became braver and braver and now he is walking all over the room. He is so proud of himself. He is "reading" more, he just loves his books. I am so glad he loves to read. I started reading to him after he came home from the hospital and now one of his favorite toys is his books! He will take his books and flip through the pages while "reading" them out loud. It make Frankie and I so proud! He will bring us the books as well and climb up on our laps. We put out our Christmas decorations the day after Thanksgiving, which has been our tradition for the past three years. I have collected the singing snowmen from Hallmark for the past 6 years, and Franke just loves to push the buttons to make them sing! He will dance with the music. Sometimes he has two or three of them going at the same time. Frankie has taught his son to torture his mommy!!! Franke now can get mommy's belly and give me the raspberries!! It is so funny and cute! Everyone watch out you could be next! He loves to get Uncle Jon belly also :)
Ada and David got engaged!!!! We are so happy for both of them!! We could not be more excited to make David an official member of our family. We love you both!!!
No that I got everyone caught up with the highlights from November, we can start with December.
We spent the past weekend in Manistee Michigan for Shannon and Dave's wedding. Congrats!!! We were with our entire family! Mom, dad, Kimmie, Dave, Nicki, Jon and us! Franke spent the weekend with my mom. We sure did miss him. But we had a great time with everyone up north. The thing I am most excited about is the Kneeling Santa. I found this small treasure in a little country store, I just love walking through them. The Kneeling Santa is a statue of Santa kneeling with his hat off in front of baby Jesus. It was so moving to me that it brought a shiver through me and gave me goosebumps. I also happened to find a story of the Kneeling Santa, called A Special Place for Santa. The story is way to help teach our children that Jesus come before Santa during the Christmas season. Frankie and I want to teach our children the true meaning of Christmas and I have no doubt we will, but this story will give us one more way to help with making the message strong in our family. I plan our reading this story every year with our children along with some other traditional stories. I can not wait to make this part of our family tradition.
1 comment:
I have seen a picture of that kneeling Santa before. it is so sweet, isn't it?
Post a Comment