It started on Tuesday afternoon during my routine doctor apportionment. After telling my doctor about the pressure, sometimes cramping pains and contractions I had been feeling for the past couple of days. He then decided to check me and he felt that I may be starting to dilate. He then sent me to the hospital to be monitored for a couple of hours. After spending four hours in the Labor and Delivery triage they sent me home to follow up with my doctor in the morning. On Thursday I had an apportionment with anther doctor from the practice who did a special test to see if I would go into labor in the next two weeks (FFN), and she also checked me and felt I may have dilated even more. I then was go back to the Labor and Delivery triage to be monitored for Pre-Term labor and to receive a steroid shot to help he baby's lung develop sooner if she was to be born premature. I ended up being admitted for the night to be monitored and to also have an ultrasound. The ultrasound was to check the baby measurements and to see if I was dilating and how much. At about 11:30pm my doctor was still on call and came in to see us. Yes Frankie was with me the WHOLE time!!! And we went over all the test results, including the FFN, which came back negative, the ultrasound, and both of his exams (on Tuesday and Thursday) he felt that I was not at risk to go into premature labor and let us go home for the night. We promised that we would come back the next day to get the second shot of steroid.
What a few days!!! I have felt good since coming home on Thursday night. I do need to slow down a little bit. As many of you know I like to tackle many tasks at one time. So now I need to space them apart and have a little help.
We have great faith in God and the Blessed Mother that our little Elisabeth will not join us till July. What a test of faith this past week has been. We thank all of you for all the prayers you have sent our family and we ask you to continue to send them.
No comments:
Post a Comment